Girls on the Run Vermont is pleased to announce its first Annual Alumni Scholarship Award available to high school and GED graduates of 2023.
The GOTRVT Alumni Scholarship Awards are a continuation of the mission, vision and core values of Girls on the Run VT. Programming is aimed at inspiring young participants to be joyful, healthy and confident in order to activate their limitless potential and boldly pursue their dreams. With this scholarship, GOTRVT hopes to bring that realization of limitless potential and pursuit of dreams closer to fruition to its past participants as they utilize the lessons from GOTRVT and become the leaders of our communities.
Girls on the Run Vermont is excited to award two (2) $1,000 scholarships to two past program participants or Junior Coaches for use toward their continued education.
Scholarships will be awarded based on a student's participation in a minimum of two seasons of Girls on the Run, Heart & Sole, or as assisting as a Junior Coach. Involvement in school and community activities, as well as two short essays, are also required for consideration. Through these scholarships, we hope the Girls on the Run experience will continue to positively impact our past participants for many years to come.
Girls on the Run Mission: We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy, and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
Girls on the Run Vision: We envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.
Girls on the Run Core Values:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism, and gratitude through our words, thoughts, and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional, and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
All applicants must...
- Have participated in a minimum of two seasons in Girls on the Run, Heart & Sole, or as a Junior Coach for the GOTR Vermont council. Past participation will be confirmed through the Girls on the Run Vermont office.
- Be eligible for high school graduation during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Write a 250-500 word essay answering the following prompt: "What did participating in GOTR/H&S/Girls on Track/volunteering as a Junior Coach mean to you as a participant, and how do you reflect back on that time now?"
- Write a 250-500 word essay answering the following question: "How will you carry the core values of GOTR/H&S forward in continuing your education?"
- Grammar and syntax are part of the evaluation criteria.
- Applications and all supporting material must be submitted by Monday, May 1, 2023 by 5:00pm for the June 2023 Award.
Recipients will be asked to provide evidence of college or higher education facility acceptance before scholarship funds are disbursed.
All applications are reviewed by the GOTRVT Alumni Scholarship Award Committee. Best of luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
Complete the Alumni Scholarship application here: https://forms.gle/vVs5vN6nk9xxY6PH7