In 2024, Girls on the Run Vermont (GOTRVT) is proudly celebrating our 25th anniversary season. We are grateful to all GOTRVT constituents who have collectively enabled us to serve over 38,000 girls and their families since 1999 across Vermont. This alumni scholarship is designed to financially support two former GOTRVT participants who exemplify their limitless potential as they pursue post-secondary education dreams. The award is named in honor of one of GOTRVT’s original board members, and long-time treasurer, Rick Hashagen. Rick lovingly guided the organization from 2002 - 2023. This scholarship is funded with generous support from M&T Bank.
In 2024, GOTRVT will award a total of two scholarships in the amount of $2,500 per recipient. Each scholarship is renewable for up to three years, amounting to up to $10,000 in total!
Scholarships will be awarded based on a student's participation in a minimum of two seasons of Girls on the Run, Girls on Track, Heart & Sole, or as assisting as a Junior Coach. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements for high school graduation, or the equivalent, during the 2023-2024 academic year, provide evidence of acccepetance to an accredited post-secondary educuation program and write two short essays for consideration. Through these scholarships, we hope the Girls on the Run experience will continue to positively impact our past participants for many years to come.
All applicants must...
- Have participated in a minimum of two seasons in Girls on the Run, Girls on Track, Heart & Sole, or as a Junior Coach for the GOTR Vermont council. Past participation will be confirmed through the Girls on the Run Vermont office.
- Be eligible for high school graduation during the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Write a short essay answering the following question: "How did participating in Girls on the Run, Girls on Track, Heart & Sole, or volunteering as a Junior Coach shape your growth and development as an individual?"
- Write a short essay answering the following question: "How have the core values of GOTRVT influenced your future goals?"
- Grammar and syntax are part of the evaluation criteria.
- Applications and all supporting material must be submitted by Monday, April 15, 2024 by 5:00pm for the May 2024 Award.
Recipients will be asked to provide evidence of acceptance to an accredited, post-secondary education program (i.e. community college, college, university, trade school, other accredited career training program) before scholarship funds are disbursed.
All applications are reviewed by the GOTRVT Rick Hashagen Limitless Potential Scholarship Award Committee. Best of luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
Starting February 15th, complete the Alumni Scholarship application here: https://forms.gle/Hv8TFCZbgkye57CK9